2022 Norwood Production Launch
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR AUDITIONS:
Auditions need to be run remotely on Teams this year.
PLEASE READ THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
You can audition for the following role types:
- Ensemble Role: required to sing, dance and act as part of a large group
- Lead, Supporting or Cameo Role: required to sing, dance and act in a featured role
- Featured Dancer: required to dance in featured routines with more advanced/challenging choreography. You will also be required to sing and act as part of a large group. Please note that we are also looking for some tap dancers for this show.
CLICK HERE for a list of the characters in the show.
CLICK HERE to watch a video of the Broadway version of the show
Step 1 – COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM:
Fill in and submit an application form at the following link – you will need to login using your @norwood.vic.edu.au email: https://forms.office.com/r/8eDGHHQe8x
(If you’re having trouble accessing the form, go to office.com and make sure you are signed into your @norwood.vic.edu.au account.)
Step 2 – CHECK THE ‘AUDITIONS 2022’ TEAMS PAGE:
You will be added to a Teams page called ‘Auditions 2022’ – please allow 24 hours to be added.
For those auditioning to be a Featured Dancer, skip the next step and go to STEP 4
Step 3 – BOOK YOUR AUDITION TIME SLOT:
For those auditioning for an Ensemble, Lead, Supporting or Cameo role, auditions will be run remotely in Teams video calls on the following days and times:
- YEAR 11 Auditions held on Wednesday 10th Nov from 4pm – 5pm
- YEARS 7-8 Auditions held on Thursday 11th Nov from 4pm – 6pm
- YEARS 9-10 Auditions held on Friday 12th Nov from 4pm to 6pm
- To book your audition time slot, go to the Channel for your year level in the ‘Auditions 2022’ Teams page.
- Open the Audition Bookings Word document within that channel (click the three dots next to the document and select Open in > Teams) and write your name next to an available timeslot, and then close the document. The document will automatically save and update.
- On the day and time of your audition time slot, click on the meeting link for your year level and wait in the lobby until you are admitted
(the link will be listed on Teams).
Ensemble Role Auditions: You will only be required to sing 20-30 seconds of ‘I’m A Believer’ from the show, or a song of your choice. ‘Believer’ backing track and lyrics will be available on the ‘Auditions 2022’ Teams page.
Lead, Supporting and Cameo Role Auditions: You will be required to sing a short section of a song from Shrek the Musical and read a short monologue from the show. Character information, song backing tracks and lyrics, and monologues will be available on the ‘Auditions 2022’ Teams page.
STEP 4 – FOR FEATURED DANCERS ONLY:
Those auditioning to be a Featured Dancer: You do not need to book an audition time slot as you will be creating a pre-recorded video audition. On the ‘Auditions 2022’ Teams page you will be able to access a video recording of a short dance routine. You will need to learn this routine and send a video recording of yourself performing the routine to Miss Taylor-Lynch directly (private message) on Teams by Wednesday 10th Nov. Please also include a quick video of any jumps, turns, or flexibility skills etc. that you can do. There is no need to book in an audition time slot for a Teams meeting/video call, but you must submit your pre-recorded video audition by the due date.